Find a string under a directory that is contained in another file

Hi I am loking for some help in writing a script that will take a number that is located in one file and search a folder structure for that string in any file under that directory. I can do this manually with :

find /"directory" -type f -exec grep -l 'Number String' {} \;

But now I will have to search for thousdands of numbers. All the number will be in one xls or csv file. I would also like to write all the results to a file so that we can go back and show each file/location that each of those strings hit. I'm sure this is an easy task but I am currently at a loss and any help would be greatly appreciated.

csv file, with numbers only in the fields

awk -F, '{ for(i=1; i<=NF; i++) {print $i} }' |\
while read number
do
       echo "searching ************************* $number"
       find /"directory" -type f -exec grep -l "$number" {} \;

done  > results.txt

OK so of course after you post something it starts all coming back to you and I came up with this:

find /"directory" -type -f -exec grep -lf /"number file location" {} \; >> /tmp/results.txt

Now my only question is does anyone know a way to include the string that was currently being used with each line of data being sent back. I ran that command and got a list of the files that each of those numbers were in but no way to tell which number matched to which file. Again all help is appreciated.

Jim,

Please excuse my ignorance but where do I put in the file that contains all the numbers in your script.

Thank you