File transfer between unix and windows viceversa

Hi,
My requirement is to connect to a windows system from unix fileserver and get some files then process them using shell scripting and database related stuff.it will generate some output.i have to copy again some files back to windows system at some directory.

How do i connect to windows from unix? Does it need special connection establishments between these 2 unix and windows?if yes,could any one tell me the total procedure . So far i dealt with connection establishments between unix to unix by installing one servers public keys on the other server.

How do i do it between unix and windows?

thanks in advance.

You could use any one of the following protocols.
FTP, SMB, NFS, EMAIL, LPR/LPD, SSH, ODBC, HTTP

Make a list of the server services and clients available on the two machines.

Decide which machine is going to control the transfer.
Decide if this is going to be a background batch process, or a user controlled interactive process.
What protocols are you familiar with?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.so far i have established connections between unix systems using ssh. so i am ok with SSH. Actually its Autosys controlled job.when the time comes autosys initiates this job ,so that ksh file attached to this job will execute.in that ksh file we have to write the code for connection to that windows system and gettting files from there and again connection to windows and putting files in windows server.

Totally this is an automated job.
How do i establish connection between windows and unix? and how do i connect to windows server from unix shell script. unix server is the controller.

thanks in advance

mohan.p

Acquire Windows SSH server software sshwindows.sf.net: OpenSSH for Windows

Add the required get and put statements for sftp into your ksh script.