Few things related to HBA port & fcinfo command

Hi Gurus

I need to know few things related to HBA port & fcinfo command

I have a server where there are 4 HBA ports cards are their. Out of 4 ports 2 are in use & 2 are not in use when I check it physicall. Now I want to know the command through which I can get information about all above ports. When I run the below command

# fcinfo hba-port

HBA Port WWN: 10000000c6789451
OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2
Manufacturer: Emulex
Model: LPe11000-S
Firmware Version: 2.80a4 (Z3D2.80A4)
FCode/BIOS Version: .........
Serial Number: ...........................
Driver Name: emlxs
Driver Version: 2.31o (2008.10.20.14.00)
Type: unknown
State: offline
Supported Speeds: 1Gb 2Gb 4Gb
Current Speed: not established
Node WWN: ...........................
HBA Port WWN: 10000000c7643890
OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c1
Manufacturer: Emulex
Model: LPe11000-S
Firmware Version: 2.80a4 (Z3D2.80A4)
FCode/BIOS Version: .........
Serial Number: ......................
Driver Name: emlxs
Driver Version: 2.31o (2008.10.20.14.00)
Type: unknown
State: offline
Supported Speeds: 1Gb 2Gb 4Gb
Current Speed: not established
Node WWN: ..............................

Above command output only show information about 2 used ports but not showing infomation about other 2 ports which are not in use. I would like to know how to check through command line about 2 not in use post. As there can be possiblility that if a person is sitting remotely & like to know about no. of unsed ports

I would like to know what is "Node WWN" shown in above command output also as I have very less information about Storage (SAN)

Regards

Have you tried using luxadm -e port or the lputil utility?

Dear incredible

First of sorry for the replying on this thread late as I was not well for last few days. Thanks for the reply. When I run the following command as suggested by you. I find the follwing output

# luxadm -e port
/devices/pci@1/pci@0/pci@7/pci@0/pci@2/SUNW,emlxs@0/fp@0,0:devctl NOT CONNECTED
/devices/pci@1/pci@0/pci@7/pci@0/pci@8/SUNW,emlxs@0/fp@0,0:devctl NOT CONNECTED

When I run the man page of luxadm command I didn't find "port" option. Could explain me bit more about this command. As -e option explain that its a expert mode only.

I couldn't find lputil utility in my Solaris OS also

Regards

lputil is a command that is a part of the Emulex Driver package for your HBA.

Thanks for the reply.

Regards

Just to add-on, I would like to know how to determine HBA card speed on a solaris 9 machine? for solaris 10 fcinfo will help. But for 8 and 9?
Reason being, there is a card faulting on a system and offlines one path. prtdiag shows the path of device in the PCI. But there is no way for me to get the card speed or part number from the explorer. How?

If you are using NetApp SAN and have their Host Attach Kit installed, you can use

sanlun fcp show adapter -v <adapter>