Failed to "make" UNIXODBC

Hello, I am a newbie in dealing with UNIX and HP-UX. May I know how to solve this problem where the "unknown input file type" message appear when I try to install unixODBC onto my HP-UX 11.31 ia64?

Actually, I am trying to install MySQL Connector ODBC into the HP-UX server but it showed an error message.

This is the command that I used to install MySQL Connector ODBC:

#myodbc-installer -a -d -n "MySQL ODBC 5.1.8 Driver" -t "/z/install/mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.8-hpux11.31-ia64-64bit/lib/libmyodbc5.so"

And this is the error message that I got:

/usr/lib/hpux64/dld.so: Unable to find library 'libodbc.so.1'.
Killed

Then, I realized that I need to install unixODBC on the HP-UX in order for the MySQL Connector ODBC to work.

This is the command that I used to install unixODBC:

# ./configure
# make

which resulted in the error:

Making all in exe
/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link cc -mt -o isql isql.o ../
DriverManager/libodbc.la ../extras/libodbcextraslc.la -lpthread
libtool: link: cc -mt -o .libs/isql isql.o ../DriverManager/.libs/libodbc.so ..
/extras/.libs/libodbcextraslc.a -lpthread -mt

ld: Unknown input file type: "../DriverManager/.libs/libodbc.so"
Fatal error.
*** Error exit code 1
Stop.
*** Error exit code 1
Stop.
*** Error exit code 1
Stop.

The libodbc.so file is created in directory ../DriverManager/.libs/ after the # make command.

Can anyone help me on this issue? Do tell me if you need more information to better understand my problem. Thanks!

Where did you get the depot files for ODBC? Or are you using some other source for the ODBC files you want to install?

The

./configure 

command is derived from Linux and GNU. Which makes me wonder.

I downloaded the file from this web page unixodbc.org. It is not a depot file.

I am not so sure on this because I'm still a newbie. I just followed the guide provided in the said web page to install the unixODBC. You can refer to the attachment. It is the guide provided by unixodbc.org that I refer to in installing the odbc.