Event Prediction - Euro 2012

Please add this new "event".

We should appoint you Events Manager, or some such, as you're the only member who seems to contribute to this!

Event added.

As an incentive to others to bet, I've bet 100000 bits on each team.

I have a good feeling about Germany, though!

Place your bets!

2 Likes

Thanks for the bits!

I was actually going to give up on the Events thing so it is nice to hear that I can be of a little help.

Yah, we should make ni2 the "Events Manager".... because I think if we have someone posting and managing events, more people (including me) will play.

@Scott, is this possible?

Everything is possible. Well, Scotland winning the World Cup is maybe pushing it, but I'll have a look :slight_smile:

Hello ni2.

You are now able to create and manage events in the Events Predictor.

Thank you for contributing to this interesting, if under-utilised, feature.

Good luck!

Thank you.

Great!

Please try posting some event and let us know so we can see if it works property for you.

Also, don't forget to set the closing of the event before the date of the actual event; for sporting events a day or two before is usually OK; but for larger political or scientific events, weeks before or even a month might be more appropriate.

Thanks again for becoming a forum "Event Prediction Admin" !! :slight_smile:

Absolutely gutted by the result tonight. I had Portugal down to stuff Spain. Ronaldo was not 100% tonight, he was only 98%.

@Neo,

I have just added a new event. "Euro 2012 - Finals will end in" that closes on 30th June? Since the final is on the 1st of July. Hope thats ok?

@methyl
I am hoping for a Germany vs Spain final. So I wanted Portugal to lose.

Great job, thanks!

We updated your forum title to "Event Predictions Manager".

When you have time, feel free to post new events you created to either the "Members Only" or 'What's On Your Mind" forums, and promote the newly created events so others will know you created them and maybe play along.

If people start to play, we admins can clean up the main page a bit more, maybe even make it a toolbar iframe app for registered members; and help promote this as well.

We would like to see many events in play .... sports, science, technology and current events.

You might consider also posting regular updates in the forums (above) about the status of your favorite event predictions (event, time left to play, total played so far, etc.)

Thanks again ni2 !!