Established connections causing lag?

I'm not to sure how to go about this questions, so I will just ask it and then get criticized. How many Established connections should a V440 be able to support?

connections to what (service)?

Remedy.

don't know this... so I can't give you any hints...

but it's allways a good idea to give some more informations about the problem and everything that might be from interest!

all we now know is that you use remedy (which is a kind of helpdesk software?) on a sun v440 server... and that isn't that much...

The Remedy environment consists of two servers, the primary and the database server. The primary servers runs the Remedy application and connects to the designated database server. I'm currently experiencing high latency when accessing Remedy and viewing the contents and tables within it.

Here's what I've ruled out:
Not a network issue
Not a network issue between the primary and database
Not a load overbearing on either the primary or database (both have 35% memory free and the cpu free is still okay)
No zombie processes
SSH and other activities run fine
prtdiag -v is clean
no unusual background tasks

I'm stumped. Plain and simple as that. I don't know enough about Remedy to browse through the configurations. I even added more memory to the Oracle database pool. I'm not sure if 382 connections are too much for the one port to handle. It's the only thing I have.