Errors trying to compile PHP for use with MySQL on Solaris 10

have installed and am using the GNU based tools from the Sunfreeware site to compile PHP. I already have Apache, MySQL, and Oracle compiled and working properly. Below is my configure string for my PHP build:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/php5 \
--with-config-file-scan-dir=/usr/local/php5/php.d \
--with-apxs2=/var/apps/apache/bin/apxs \
--with-ldap \
--with-mysql=/var/apps/mysql \
--with-mysqli=/var/apps/mysql/bin/mysql_config \
--with-xsl=/usr/local/include/libxslt \
--with-ncurses \
--enable-xslt \
--with-xslt-sablot \
--with-bz2=/usr \
--with-gd \
--with-gdbm=/usr/local/lib \
--with-openssl \
--with-imap=/usr/local/imap-2006e \
--with-imap-ssl \
--with-freetype-dir=/usr/local/include/freetype2/freetype/freetype.h \
--with-expat-dir \
--with-tiff-dir \
--with-zlib \
--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/include/jpeglib.h \
--with-png-dir=/usr/include/libpng12/png.h \
--with-mcrypt \
--with-curl \
--with-curlwrappers \
--with-gettext \
--disable-short-tags \
--disable-debug \
--enable-calendar \
--enable-ctype \
--enable-discard-path \
--enable-exif \
--enable-ftp \
--enable-memory-limit \
--enable-sysvem \
--enable-sysvshm \
--enable-gd-native-ttf \
--enable-soap \
--enable-shmop \
--enable-sockets \
--enable-xslt \
--enable-mbstring \
--with-sqlite=shared \
--with-pdo-sqlite=shared \
--with-pdo-mysql=shared,/var/apps/mysql \
--enable-pdo=shared \
--enable-bcmath \
--with-oci8=shared

I have ld, make, and various tools linked to /usr/local/bin/<toolname>. The configure string completes with no issue and the make runs for about 30 minutes before it stops with the following warnings/errors:

/usr/ccs/bin/ld: warning: libssl.so.0.9.8, needed by /usr/local/lib/libldap.so, may conflict with libssl.so.0.9.7
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: warning: libssl.so.0.9.8, needed by /usr/local/lib/libldap.so, may conflict with libssl.so.0.9.7
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: warning: libcrypto.so.0.9.8, needed by /usr/local/lib/libldap.so, may conflict with libcrypto.so.0.9.7
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: warning: libcrypto.so.0.9.8, needed by /usr/local/lib/libldap.so, may conflict with libcrypto.so.0.9.7

<snip>....

/var/apps/php-5.2.5/ext/mysqli/mysqli_nonapi.c:209: undefined reference to `mysql_sqlstate'
/var/apps/php-5.2.5/ext/mysqli/mysqli_nonapi.c:200: undefined reference to `mysql_set_server_option'
/var/apps/php-5.2.5/ext/mysqli/mysqli_nonapi.c:212: undefined reference to `mysql_set_server_option'
ext/mysqli/.libs/mysqli_nonapi.o: In function `zif_mysqli_query':
/var/apps/php-5.2.5/ext/mysqli/mysqli_nonapi.c:251: undefined reference to `mysql_set_server_option'
ext/mysqli/.libs/mysqli_nonapi.o: In function `zif_mysqli_get_warnings':
/var/apps/php-5.2.5/ext/mysqli/mysqli_nonapi.c:298: undefined reference to `mysql_warning_count'
ext/mysqli/.libs/mysqli_nonapi.o: In function `zif_mysqli_stmt_get_warnings'
/var/apps/php-5.2.5/ext/mysqli/mysqli_warning.c:195: undefined reference to `mysql_warning_count'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [sapi/cli/php] Error 1:

There are many, many more "undefined reference" messages all mysql related.

Here is my environment and crle output:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/ssl/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib:/var/apps/mysql/lib/mysql

PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/sbin:/opt/sfw/bin:/usr/local/ssl/bin:/usr/ucb:/usr/ccs/bin:/opt/VRTS/bin:/etc:/opt/EMCpower/bin:/opt/EMCpower/bin/sparcv9:/etc/emc/bin:/opt/VRTSagents/ha/bin:/usr/local/include:/usr/include:/usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin:/var/apps/mysql/bin:/var/apps/mysql/include/mysql:/opt/RICHPse/bin:/usr/local/php5/bin:/opt/sfw/sbin

crle output
Configuration file [version 4]: /var/ld/ld.config
Default Library Path (ELF): /lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib
Trusted Directories (ELF): /lib/secure:/usr/lib/secure (system default)

Any ideas as to how I can get around the MySQL errors, etc. would be appreciated.

are you running mysqli ? if not don't compile php with it.

Use blastwave. I was having trouble with the SunFreeware site, especially one of the required packages for PHP wasn't at the appropriate version on SFW. I removed all the SFW packages and went to http://www.blastwave.org. It does package dependencies just like a Linux distro and it was quite seamless when I did the installation on one of our Virtual Solaris machines.

Carl