Error:"File system full"

Hi,
I'm getting an error with my filesystems.
After [df -k]
/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s7.......................100%............/export/home

and
[home]#ls -l
drwxr----.......................512......TT_DB
drw..............................8192.....lost+found
drw...............................512......oracle
drw...............................512......test
[home]#cd oracle
[oracle]#ls -l
-rw..............................10..........afiedt.buf
drw.............................512.........app
-rw-------...................857968.....core
drw..............................512........stok

What is the "core" file above? And is it safe to remove?
Please help me now...

In general....

A core file is created when a program terminates unexpectedly, due to a bug, or a violation of the operating system's or hardware's
protection mechanisms. The operating system kills the program and
creates a core file that programmers can use to figure out what went
wrong. It contains a detailed description of the state that the
program was in when it died.

Read more at What Is a "core" File?

I am not aware of oracle related stuff....

a core file is a memory dump of a program the crashed.
feel free to delete.

however it may be good to find out what crashed and why.

To keep the forums high quality for all users, please take the time to format your posts correctly.

First of all, use Code Tags when you post any code or data samples so others can easily read your code. You can easily do this by highlighting your code and then clicking on the # in the editing menu. (You can also type code tags

```text
 and 
```

by hand.)

Second, avoid adding color or different fonts and font size to your posts. Selective use of color to highlight a single word or phrase can be useful at times, but using color, in general, makes the forums harder to read, especially bright colors like red.

Third, be careful when you cut-and-paste, edit any odd characters and make sure all links are working property.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums

Ooo nooo!
I moved the App directory, and so everything has been down. And then I moved back the directory.
I'm getting this error: "Listener failed to start a dedicated server process"
can not open these files:
libskgxp8.so
libclntsh.so.8.0

What will I do now?
Please help..

Youve lost the links/ or another process still running / or ??...
There is a oracle procedure for relinking oracle DB etc...give it a try.
But before be sure you have nothing oracle running , or still stored somewhere in memory check with ipcs command and remove...

Before we start:
Are you the regular administrator of the server and do you have root access?
How many users on the server?
What is the Operating System and version?
(We need this because there is so much variation in unix commands related to disc storage).

Please post exactly what you typed to "move" the "App" directory and exactly what you typed to move it back.

For your "filesystem full" please post the exact response to:

df -k /export/home

not edited highlights. An 800 Kb core file is unlikely to to be significant unless this is a tiny filesystem.

I'm new DBA of the oracle server and I have root access. I don't know how many users on the server:( We use Sun Machine.

mv -r /export/home/oracle/app  /tmp

This is my moving action. But I didn't wait the action and press Ctrl+C and this is the moving back command.

mv -r /tmp/app  /export/home/oracle/app1

And then I moved files in app1 to app directory. For example

mv /export/home/oracle/app1/product/8.1.5/lib/libordaud.so   /export/home/oracle/app/product/8.1.5/lib

I moved few library files to the app/product/8.1.5/lib directory

Yesterday,I reduced the usage of /export/home directory 100% to 94% with another ways. But after moving action I explain above, I'm getting this error:

h:[w]$ sqlplus
ld.so.1:sqlplus: fatal :libclntsh.so.8.0 : open failed : No such file or directory
Killed

I see the libclntsh.so.8.0 file when check the lib directory.
I typed this command too:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/lib

But nothing changes.
Do you konow any idea about my case?Thanks..

Are you using Solaris 10? If you are /tmp is volatile filesystem that uses swap space. This means that if the machine is rebooted or loses power everything it /tmp experiences bit oblivion.

Why are you moving library files around?

I would move everything back to exactly where it was at.

Can you post the output from:

df -k

I am concerned that you may be confusing the output of "ls -l" of the /export/home directory with matters related to disc space usage of /export/home directory.

If you have not done so already, it is time to consider how to restore the damaged areas from backup. It would be prudent to find out what has filled the /export/home directory and to repair that problem first.

As for moving everything back, this line is worrying depending on what was in the target tree to start with (and whether that tree existed):

It would help to see any non-comment lines in the file /etc/oratab so we know the names of the oracle instances and can relate them to the directory trees.

Unless you have Oracle database segments or Oracle temporary files in the Oracle appplication tree the most likely files to fill this tree are: Oracle listener logs, Oracle audit logs and Oracle trace logs.

Have you tried a blunt search of the filesystem looking for Oracle log files which grow in size or sheer number of files?

This command might reveal your issue with /export/home : (Adjust -mtime <days> if this is a recent install).

find /export/home/ -mount -mtime -60 -exec ls -lad '{}' \;

Thanks everybody,
I solved my problem yesterday. My Oracle is working well.
If you wonder what was the problem or what did I do to solve this problem,I explain.
I changed some lib files permissions. For exp:

chmod 644 libclntsh.so.8.0

I restarted listener with

lsnrctl start

I checked if my database was up with:

ps -ef | grep smon

I started my database.
And I did another things that I don't remember now:)
In brief, work,work,work..Then oracle will work.