Error upon completion of ddcommand

I'm quite new to HP-UX. I got an SSD which fits physically to my system. However, it just doesn't function as a bootable disk.

I can format the drive but I am getting I/O errors when I complete the ddcommand. The error is as follows:

I/O Error
1960+1 records in
1961+0 records out

Any idea causes this error?

As in you are copying disk images with "dd"?

What disk interface does it have?

What machine do you have?

What are you putting on the disk that you want to boot from?

The drive is installed in an HP 712/100 workstation. SCSI-2.

Old machines don't like booting from things which are not 512 byte sectors. For example, it can be tough finding CD-ROMs these days that old machines can use.

What device are you using?

It's an Adtron S35FA Flashpak� Solid State Flash Disk. Based on its specs, it has a built-in support for 256-byte and 512-byte sector operation. Btw, I'm using HP-UX 3.08 and just evaluating the drive if we can integrate it to our system.

Are you installing HPUX onto the device in the same manner that you would with a real SCSI disk?

You don't want to have a swap partition on a flash disk, and should really be mounting the disk noatime and nodiratime.

This says you should be using HPUX 10 upwards. What is HP-UX 3.08?

OpenPA: HP 9000/712

It's a quite old version. So, it seems I cannot integrate my drive with such an old version. Anyway, thank you very much for your insights.

I am curious about HPUX 3.08, what media is it on, what else do you have that it runs on?

3.08!!! How old is this system? And isn't it time you upgraded?

paper tape, stone tablets, papyrus, cuniform clay?