Error occured while running a script

Hi All,

In my application, I'm getting an error as type mismatch

Let me now explain the scenario,

I ran a shell script which calls some other scripts. All these scripts uses the environment variables.

Take for example, this script uses a variable 'PathDir'. I initiallized the value to that variable before i ran the initial script.

While the process was running, I gave as '> echo $PathDir ' by mistake in the command prompt of another window.

Later I could find the script was interuppted half the way with the error message as type mismatch and the process was stopped without completion.

My question is, is that line which I gave by mistake would create any problem?

I'm not running this script for the first time. I had run it so many times successfully for years. This is the first time I'm facing this problem.

If my explaination is not enough for you to catch the point, kindly lemme know.

Thanks for all you help in advance.

As per the explanation and the command you execute nothing harm should happen. But really, I cannot understand exactly what you are meaning.

But i just tried what ever you explained, and got the following script.

while [ true ]
do
echo $ttt
sleep 5
done

Executed the above in the background, and tried doing what ever you said, but nothing affected. It always printed the ttt value, as it should. Because i exported it, and then invoked the script so it will get that value. After invoking if i change the value of that variable in the parent shell it wont affect.

Hope this helped, else come up with more clearer data.

Thank you!!!

The problem is solved.