Error doing clogin into a wpar

I have this error when I'm trying to do clogin from AIX 7200-00-00-0000 into a wpar with AIX 5.2

abanksPaDesa2:/> clogin AbanksBDPA_wpar
exec: A file or directory in the path name does not exist

somebody can help me to fix this? I'm restoring the wpar from wpar mksysb not a mksysb from principal Lpar.

Thanks,

You can also log into a system WPAR remotely by using a network-based login command, such as the rlogin command, the telnet command, or the rsh command.

It is not clear if the error comes from the host LPAR or the workload partition and you will have to investigate this first. It might be that the WPAR mksysb is faulty and missing something vital. Depending on what it is you might be able to circumvent it (i.e. by using normal network login as Neo suggested) or not. You also can try to put some missing file into the WPARs filesystem (which is accessible from the hosting LPAR) but for this you will need to know what it is that is missing.

If the error comes from the LPARs side perhaps something for the clogin command to work is missing and you need to correct this on your LPAR.

In other words: there are a lot of things that could be responsible for this error and we have simply not enough information. Care to describe your environment and the error in some greater detail?

I hope this helps.

bakunin

1 Like