Epson ESC/P2 on solaris prints LD

I am hoping someone can help me with this little riddle.

I have an oldish Epson ESC/P2 which I connected to a solaris10 box, with 2 queues, 1 with the solaris print filter so I can print from Solaris (works fine), and a second raw queue so that windows machines can print to it.

The raw queue works, except that when a job is printed to the raw queue from a windows machine, the first page for the next print job has a rather irritating "LD" printed at the top left corner, unless the printer is manually reset first.

On a little further diagnosis, the windows driver (I have triple cheched I have the correct one) after the esc@ to eject the page, ends the file with REMOTE1LD followed by some null bytes. For some reason, instead of resetting the printer, this printer decides to print the LD sequence on the next page. Deleting the end of the file and then LPRing it does solve the problem, and doesn't appear to incur any other side effects. I was thinking that I could solve this by modifying the printer file to cut this sequence out, but when I look in /etc/lp/interfaces/queuename I can't understand the script.
Could anyone shed a little light on how to do this, or have any other suggestions ? I don't want to print any banner pages, and I have these turned off.

thanks,