enhanced substitution

Dear

I have a problem on which I turn araound since hours.
Hope you could help me.

I have a bash script, which activates with "nohup ./script2 params & " several subscripts.

In my main script, I have set lot's of variables, which I would pass into script 2.

My idea is now to create a file with parameter content, like:
envCode="X"
envPath="../temp/X"

Then I just pass over this parameter path & filename and execute it then in the subscripts.

So far this works well.

Here my questions:
1) Is there a possibility to create the parameter file more dynamically, e.g. by all parameters defined in main script when parameter file is created ? (like env but for script variables only..)

2) When I have a list of variable names I want to pass, how could I dynamically fill the parameter file.
E.g.

cat my_file_with_parameternames.txt
  envCode
  envPath

echo $envCode
  X

echo $envPath
  ../temp/X

for k in `cat my_file_with_parameternames.txt`
do
    echo $k=<value of $k variable>"  >> my_parameter_file.sh
done

cat my_parameter_file.sh
  envCode=X
  envPath=../temp/X

Maybe it's not the first time this question is asked, but to be honest, I'm google since hours... Most probably I do not know the correct words to search for ;-(

Any help would be great.

many thanks in advance
Wolfgang

If I understand you correctly, all you have to do is export the variables in the main script.
The variable will be defined in all shell scripts you call from the main script.

For example, to make envCode available to the subscripts put this near the beginning of the main script.

export envCode
eval echo "$k=\$$k"  >> my_parameter_file.sh

if you want double quotes around the values in the parameter file then you can used this:

eval echo "$k=\\\"\$$k\\\"" >> my_parameter_file.sh

Yep. That's it.

Thanks a lot.