Emergency Forum Posting Problem

Regarding this thread: it's not possible for me to reply to it. According to the guide, the only official restriction is placed on posting new threads, not replies.

Bug or undocumented "feature"?

Yeah, same here.

I wil look into it. It sounds like a forum user group permission issue. We need to give permissions to registered users to reply. I assume only mods and admins has permissions to reply now, so I will fix it.

---------- Post updated at 10:10 ---------- Previous update was at 08:45 ----------

OK, it should be OK now, and registered users can post replies to threads in the emergency forum.

In addition, a user, chakrapani, suggested via PM to me that we should give extra Bits credit to replies in the Emergency Forum, so I am going to rate the Bits credits for replies for Registered Users from 100 Bits per Post Reply to 1000 Bits per post reply in that forum.

Along these lines (sorry for stealing this thread, but it seems relevant here), should users be penalized for dup'ping to the Emergency forum after posting to the regular ones?

http://www.unix.com/emergency-unix-linux-support-help-me/119840-getting-wrong-output-awk-command.html\#post302355642

I don't think the double posting rule should apply in forum where the member pays Bits for the post.

It would be nice, however, if the member updated their original post(s) and pointed to the other thread, as a courtesy.

What do you think?