Email Using uuenview w/ Multiple Attachments

HP-UX mbhp7640 B.11.31 U ia64 4294967295 unlimited-user license

Our database builds a MIME compliant html email, then cats that to sendmail - no problem.

Due to horrible issues with the native uuencode, we long ago began using uuenview to encode our attachments - no problem. An example is the following:

(cat Email_msg_332.html ; /usr/local/bin/uuenview -b /home/israejr/Open_POs.xls) | sendmail -t -n -v

I now need to have 2 attachments and can't figure out the syntax (I know enough to be dangerous but am not a UNIX guru). I have added both file names to the MIME at the bottom of my email:

--_boundarystring
Content-Type: application/Octet-Stream
Content-Transfer-Encoding: Base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Open_POs.xls"
Content-Type: application/Octet-Stream
Content-Transfer-Encoding: Base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Stuck_POs.xls"
--_boundarystring--

I have studied the uuenview man pages and it can handle multiple attachments and send email itself, but that is with an empty (non-html) email and we would loose all of our standard look and feel in the email.

I have tried all the following syntax:

!(cat Email_msg_332.html ; /usr/local/bin/uuenview -b /home/israejr/Open_POs.xls ; /home/israejr/Stuck_POs.xls ) | sendmail -t -n -v
!(cat Email_msg_332.html ; /usr/local/bin/uuenview -b /home/israejr/Open_POs.xls /home/israejr/Stuck_POs.xls Stuck_POs.xls) | sendmail -t -n -v
!(cat Email_msg_332.html ; /usr/local/bin/uuenview -b /home/israejr/Open_POs.xls ; /usr/local/bin/uuenview -b /home/israejr/Stuck_POs.xls ) | sendmail -t -n -v
!(cat Email_msg_332.html ; /usr/local/bin/uuenview -b /home/israejr/Open_POs.xls Open_POs.xls ; /home/israejr/Stuck_POs.xls Stuck_POs.xls) | sendmail -t -n -v

Surely there is a way to do this.

Thoughts?

i posted a script to do this a month or so ago. search delvmime.