email problem

hello all,

i need to know if there is a email compatable software that would work with solaris similar to how outlook works for windows?
i have groupwise 5.0 running on my network and i need to access my email from a sun box. so i need an interface software, if you will, to be able to check my email from.

thanx ahead,
:confused:

You might need to go to a sun only website. That is a site for strictly Sun products. I can't think of the name though. Go to FAQ on this site to find it.

:cool:

Look around on www.sunfreeware.com They might have something...

Thanx, but i have been to those sites.:rolleyes:

There are many good email clients for Sun..... there are also man good Web-based email clients. Microsoft tightly bundles many features in Outlook that are "not email services" per se, but other services. You will not find this level of tight integration in UNIX systems because UNIX users are more comfortable with back-office standards-based integration vs. proprietary software bundles that do not interoperable well.

If you are just looking to compose/read mail (and send/receive to/from a client)... there are many choices....

Well i would recommend installing a webaccess server on your intranet for Groupwise 5. You can then use any standard Web Browser to get your email from Unix or any other os that can run a web browser. I have read many complaints about the email clients that run on Unix interfacing with Groupwise. This is what i plan on doing in the future. I am currently upgrading to groupwise 6.

Good luck