edit volume id of an iso file ?

Is there any command in Linux available to edit the ISO file's volume id ?

I know while creating an ISO we can give the volume id using -V option as
mkisofs -V "Your Disk Title" -o image.iso FILES

But once after creating the iso file i would want to edit it. Because i want to find the md5sum of the ISO file, and store it there.

How to edit the Volume id of an ISO file.

Volume id: Your Disk Title

For what purpose? I don't use Linux or mkisofs but wonder if you're looking for a way to store the md5sum as part of the image so that you can use it for image verification at some later time. But, if that's the case, I would assume altering the file volume would also cause the md5sum of the image file to change.

You appear to not understand the point of doing a md5sum hash of the image after it is created. If you change anything about the ISO image after you have hashed it, then by definition the hash is incorrect and useless for checking the integrity of the image.

You have to store the md5sum hash somewhere outside of the ISO file.

Both of you were right that, it would change the md5sum then again.

I would ask this question in a different way then, I would want the md5sum of the image to be stored somewhere(inside the CD/DVD), and whenever i want to check the integrity of CD/DVD i will use that to check.
So if i maintain it outside, it would be an inefficient thing to do. That is i may make a DVD now, i would check the integrity at my home/office or client side if i have the md5sum of that image stored along with the media itself.

In the journey of finding out a way to solve this, am not yet got a right solution. Where as i had lot of questions related to this posted as

I would appreciate any answers/ways to do this. Thanks.

If you have room on your DVD, you can certainly append a file to the DVD which contains the md5sum hash before you finialize the DVD.

But am not saying, i will do this only in RW medias.

Most of the times, i use R medias. So appending does not seems fit ?!