Does vsftpd support user access with client certificate with priv/pub key + vsftpd certificate?

:rolleyes:I am trying to setup all certificate based client-server environment in Linux using vsftpd and curl with openssl .
I would like to make a user access with vsftpd certificate and user own client certificate (self-signed) with private/public key.
I don't see google posts about the my plan of setup client certificate (self-signed) with private/public key.:confused: Does vsftpd allow it?

What you need to search is FTPS (ftp over ssl) with vftpd.

Hope that helps
Regards
Peasant.

correct, ftps can do it with curl . My misunderstanding - what do I do with user client certificate in the host of vsftpd ....

You will transfer the public part of certificate to the client machine and execute curl on that machine using certificate to connect / upload / whatever to the server.

Regards
Peasant.

Yes, I do it with certificate of vsftpd .
All is working fine with

curl -v -3 -l --ftp-ssl "vsftpd_host:port" --cacert "vsftpd_certificate" -u MYUSER:password

I have and want to use another certificate which is from client. I want to use the following connection example:

curl -v -3 -l --ftp-ssl "vsftpd_host:port" --cacert "vsftpd_certificate" --cert "client_certificate_of_MYUSER" --key "private_key_of_MYUSER" --pass "PASS_CODE_for_private_key_of_MYUSER" -u MYUSER

I want to make sure vsftpd can or can't work with user/client certificate.