Does UNIX support multi-Threading ?

Not just background process running ... but im looking if unix has any multi-threading concept like in Java, C# ... if not present, can you pls share the nearest feature in unix that is close to multi-threaded concept

UNIX and Linux is written in C and C++ (fixed typo), so of course their is multi-threading capability available.

Is there any reason you are not "Googling" for these simple questions you are posting before posting?

Neither UNIX nor Linux is written in C# - not even in small portions. Mostly, because C# is basically a Windows invention and interlinked with the ".net" environment. The UNIX and the Linux kernel is written in (small parts in) assembler and (most of the kernel) in C.

Multithreading is something completely different from multitasking (the handling of several concurrent processes) and it is not a question of the OS but a question of the compiler and the library supporting it. So you will have to find out if the platform you are going to use supports it or not.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

1 Like

Sorry, I meant C and C++ (research shows that even modern Linux kernels are mostly written in C, not C++)

Thanks for catching that typo.

Edited:

... on motorcycle searching for a new Yuasa MF DIN 75 battery for my car ....