do i have a virus???

nice board, makes interesting reading! glad to know im not the only one to have problems!! :smiley: :smiley:

last week, our database started to crash (run on unix / solaris) for no apparant reason. the problem seems to be intermiant which lead us to believe it may be a hardware problem causing the database problems.

aprox 6 weeks ago our sun console decided to reboot itself for no apparant reason, but seemed to be ok...thought no more of it.
this was followed a couple of weeks later the system going extremely slow, and when checking the "perf meter" there was a gravestone with R.I.P icon on it. as the perf had stopped responding we thought it was connected to the perf meter (we were aware of extra work being carried which could slow the system). this has now followed (after friday 13th july) with some d/b errors? is any1 able to throw any light on this. the sun box is connected to our novell server via nfs thus in theory giving it access to our emails etc etc

thank you

The chances of this being a virus problem is small. There are too many other things that can go wrong to cause this. UNIX is not really very virus-friendly due to the way the OS is built.

I would also say that you don't have a virus ...

For me it looks either like a hardware-error, misconfiguration in something or a software-bug ...

I would start searching on sunsolve.sun.com if you can find anything in the database over there ...