disk mirroring

hi every body

I'm new to solaris and I need your help in how to configure disk mirroring for 4 hard disks so that two of them will be replica to the other two ...???

Thanxx

and where is your problem? have you read the documents at Sun Microsystems Documentation ?

The way to go about it differs depending on which type of system your using. You could use Sun Volume Manager on SPARC systems (used to be Solstice Disk Suite, I believe) while x86 systems normally have straight forward Hardware Mirroring accessible through various key combinations during the boot process depending on what RAID card is installed e.g LSI or Adaptec. Although that's just in my experience.

chains - yes you can do hardware raid. however, SVM is still used for RAID objectives under the x86 version of sol10.
also, SVM is used for ufs and other filesystems. however, SVM does not manage zfs.

the server that I have is SunFire T2000

thanks for your replies

I would refer you to Solaris Volume Manager Administration Guide (Part No: 816-4520). IT does have detailed procedure. If you have specific question, you can post again.

I also studying about mirroring right now.

the sun Fire T2000 is maximum support 2 RAID. Is we can assign 2 disks in a raid so 4 disks in 2 raid?

If you wanna use svm, you need create the state database replica and mirror and submirror. you can get this info from Solaris Volume Manager Administration Guide documentation from sun website.

I installed 4x T2000, and I highly recommend SVM rather than hardware raid (raidctl) because in SVM you have more control IMHO.