Disk Array

HI:

I have a DUAL redundant system running in HP-UX 10.20 ( 2 servers)
Both servers share an external SCSI disk array. Both server runs a Data base wich uses the disk array to write the data, and that is the way they share the information.

The way that the servers see the disk array, is like an internal device (/dev), and like an extra hard drive.

Now the disk array has broken, so I have to find a solution, so the servers can countinue to do this process and share the information.

So my questions are:

1) There are SCSI new disk array compatible with my servers HP-UX 10.20?
2) Can I use a disk array that comunicate via network and mounted it as a shared disk?
3) Or what other solution can you recommen me?
4) In other topics, have you ever run HP-UX 10.20 in a virtual machine? Can you tell me wich one ?

It is not possible to upgrade the OS, or to run the Data base as a service, because the application that servers run is not versatil.

if this is still an issue ...

1) There are SCSI new disk array compatible with my servers HP-UX 10.20? most scsi disk arrays designed for enterprise environments should have compatibility lists that you can verify for compatibility with your OS as well as your hardware. you can also check with HP directly to see if they know which new 3rd party -- if that is your preference -- scsi disk arrays are backward-compatible with your servers.

2) Can I use a disk array that comunicate via network and mounted it as a shared disk? research SANs and NAS devices. verify with your dba and/or database application vendor documentation to see if database application is compatible with such setups.

3) Or what other solution can you recommen me? if an OS upgrade is not an option, i strongly suggest looking at SANs and NAS devices. if your database is that important, it is foolhardy to go about using it without an easily recoverable redundant setup.

4) In other topics, have you ever run HP-UX 10.20 in a virtual machine? Can you tell me wich one ? hp-ux 10.20 was optimized for PA-RISC servers and they came out back around 1999 when virtualization was not yet an enterprise class option (from what i remember anyways) so i do not think you will see it on VMware anytime soon.