Nfs

This morning when I started my system the following occured:
During the HP-UX Startup in progress sessions, when it gets down to "NFS Server" it altenates between "wait" and "busy" and that's as far as it gets. Can this be bypassed ?
Any help will be greatly appreciated

Boot into single mode. Edit the file /etc/rc.config.d/nfsconf

There will be a line that says:
NFS_SERVER=1

Change that value to 0 and reboot.

When I boot to single mode, I cannot run some of the applications such as SAM, VI,..
Error displayes "file can not be found"however the file is there.
Any suggestions

EDIT: hey SEB, aside from creation of multiple thread instead of simply replying..please try to have your thread subject have something to do with the content ofthe thread. this goes especially for actual thread titles. i will change this one for you.

are you sure it is there? maybe the file is not located in your $PATH.
try this:
whereis vi

then type out the full path it gives you to vi. whereis dosnt search in YOUR path, it searches in all common locations for files.

if you dont have the 'whereis' command, then search for the file, then run it with its full path.

Sorry, I meant to reply not to create a new post.

I forgot to mention that IP address and DNS address was also changed.

I change the TCP/IP seetings as well as the DNS now I the system hungs during NFS services. I am not a unix user, is there some basic instructions (url or anything)how to set up tcp services.
Any help will be greatly appreciated

SEB, you gotta find that reply button. By posting your replies in multiple threads you caused me to miss one. I have merged all of your threads into one.

When you boot into single user mode only your file system is mounted. You need to mount /usr and /var at least (if they are separate file systems). Then edit the file. Then umount what ever you mounted and reboot.

Since you changed stuff and screwed up your system, changing things back the way they were might be a useful step. Did you make notes to help you get back to a known state?

If you can get things squared away enough to get a login prompt, sign on as root. Use:
/etc/set_parms ip_address
and follow the instructions to set your ip address. THen use:
/etc/set_parms addl_netwrk
and follow the instructions to srt the subnet mask, default gateway, etc.

HP's documentation is pathetic. What little there is can be found here. Once there was a NFS Administrator's Guide, and a Managing Berkeley/ARPA Network Services. But HP dropped them years ago. Read that website quick before they drop something else.

I think that HP is dropping documentation to make people take their classes. Maybe you should take a few of them. If you're not a unix user, you should not be reconfiguring a box.

hi seb,
when you are in single user mode many applications are not running because the filesystem are not mounted!!
the cookbook
after the single boot you must

• vgchange -a y vg00 #for activate your vgboot if necessary
  • cat /etc/fstab for see if the file is correct and if it is
  • mount -a #for a full access
  • generally an export TERM=hp or export TERM=vt100 is
    necessary for use vi or more.
    the others answers are correct the problem of nfs server is probably the result of changes in your network configuration.
    disable nfs server in nfsconf and verify your network configuration after a complete boot!!