Rcd

Please,can anybody explain to me what Remote communication Demon means?It's very urgent.Thanks.

Hmmm ...

A Daemon is basically a server or process running somewhere. Remote could mean on another internet/intranet or the same machine.

An ftp daemon, ssh daemon, running as a server, can be considered an RCD.

Anyone care to share anything else ?

Why is it "urgent" ? May help if you share the context in which you are trying to use this terminology.

Well,I am creating a site for my client wherein I have to start an rcd at his server after every specified period of time.He is using Red Hat Linux operating system at his server.
How can I achieve this ie run an rcd at his server after every certain period of time and what exactily does rcd means?Please Help.......... It is urgent because I have to submit the site quickly to my client.

Please Help........

THANKS....................

Hello!
Can anybody here tell me what does an rcd (Remote Communication Demon) means????????
No replys really makes me ferious :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

You may not be getting replies because of the time difference.

You may not be getting replies because we are looking for something that does not exist.

You may not be getting replies because we have our own problems to solve.

You may never get a reply if you get an attitude.

I still went ahead and checked Kadow's Internet Dictionary (Internet and Unix Dictionary ) and found nothing on either rcd or remote communication demon (or daemon).

I searched Red Hat and found nothing for rcd. I then searched from Red Hat (all linux sites) and it came back with this:

http://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/utils/shell/rcd.readme

RCD stands for "R'alf Change Directory", a small program
with C source that compile under Linux.

More information can be found there if you care to look. Don't know if this will help you or not. Double check your sources to see if rcd really stands for remote communication daemon.

I think RCD is a generic term. Depending on what you have to run to start this transaction, you might check the man pages for "crontab" (you said it had to be run at specific times).

And I agree wholeheartedly with thehoghunter. We're trying to help, but the question is very vague.