Directory index forbidden by Options directive error on specific directory with indexing disabled

I am seeing the following error appear numerous times in my Apache error log:

I have my Apache config configured as below, so I would expect indexing not to occur on this directory as it falls under the parent /web directory.

Strangely all the IP address, including this example, all originate in China - so I don't know if it is some strange screen-scraping software that is scraping my site.

I have the CloudZoom path in my source, but there are about 6-10 other jQuery plugins in the same directory that do not show up the same error in the logs.

If it's trying to index that folder, that likely means there's no index.html or index.php in there, so it falls back to indexing, which fails since that's disabled, and causes an error.

Not all errors are server errors. Unless there's a really good reason to allow indexes there, I'd leave it off.

Yes, there's definitely no index.html or index.php script in that directory (as you would expect as it's a directory for storing JavaScript that belongs to a jQuery plugin).

I'm not sure I follow you in terms of "leaving it off". I was under the impression that my current configuration meant that the directory shouldn't be indexed?

I don't want it to be indexed as it is just a directory for holding JavaScript.

It isn't indexed -- If anyone asks for one they get 'denied'.

OK, so what would you suggest doing to prevent this from appearing in my error log?

I suppose you could put an index file in there for them to find...

Of course, then you won't be told when they do this.