DHCP Server in Non-Global Zone

I am having trouble starting the DCHP server in a non-global zone that has exclusive access to an interface. Every time I attempt to start it goes in to maintenance mode and the error in the log shows this:

I have seen on a thread on Sun's forums that addressed this but it was dealing with Solaris 08/07. I'm using 10/08.

Any ideas on how to get the server started?

can you start the DHCP server in the global zone? some services won't work inside of zones afaik...

I haven't tried but I sure it will in Global. According to this Zones and Containers FAQ at OpenSolaris.org it should be able to work. There a was patch that was supposed to solve the error I'm getting but I'm still having issues and I'm all patched up.

you should maybe post your zoneconfig to have a better clue on what you have configured...

Here is the xml for the zone. Let me know if you need more info.

looks good for me... i've searched for the "exclusive" option for ip-type... is the system patched with latest patchset?

It has had the Recommend Patch Cluster applied about 1 month ago. Not sure that any patched have been applied since.

Does there need to be any changes to the DHCP server itself? I have not changed anything in that respect.

I'm guessing this isn't a very common thing to do?

haven't tried it... so far...

you will need to specify NIC sub interface on zone in start/exce method

i.e svccfg -s dhcpd setprop start/exec = \"/opt/isc-dhcp/sbin/dhcpd -cf /etc/inet/dhcpd.conf -lf /etc/inet/lib/dhcpd.leases e1000g0:6\"

Keep look out after reboot the sub interface change i.e from e1000g0:6 to e1000g0:5.

Still working on permanent solution.

-sa,