dev/rmt 0.1 block size is 0; variable; must be 1024 fixed.

Hi.
After the shutdown for SWIFT Alliance Server, tape backup process will be done. Unfortunately, I encountered this error message when I performed the database tape backup. The error was "/dev/rmt 0.1 block size is 0; variable; must be 1024 fixed. Consider reconfiguration through 'chdev' command" . Would like to know the possible cause of this problem and how to solve it.

By the way, previous day backup process, before this error, I completely done the database tape backup. Then, I accidentally overwritten tape to backup it for JFS. I waited to complete process and tried to overwrite again the tape for database. The next day backup processing, I used a new tape to perform curretn database backup. But, I was prompted with this error. Would this be the possible cause for this error message?

Would appreciate you prompt assistance. Thank you.

If it complains about block_size error you can set it this way

chdev -l rmt0 -a block_size=1024 # set 
lsattr -El rmt0 # check new value

Hi Andy,
Thanks for the commands. However, I would like to know if this is really the cause for the block size error.

I was not able to encounter this problem when I backup again the tape from JFS to database. Only the next time I started the server and performed a new backup database. Thus, I need further inputs.

Regards