Deploying IE 5.5 or 6

Can anyone help? We are trying to deploy IE 5.5/6 across the network using Zenworks 3.2 with dynamic local users on NT4 workstations with service pack 6a, using IEAK. The install
with elevated privileges does not seem to work, only users with admin rights can install locally. Can anyone advise? Thanks.

If your network has Direct Remote Access, then it is possible for a single Administrator to install I.E.6 on all NT Workstations on your network.

Are you using a DNS Server? If yes, could you kindly tell me what Operating System your server is running.

[quote]
Originally posted by AngryRabbi
If your network has Direct Remote Access, then it is possible for a single Administrator to install I.E.6 on all NT Workstations on your network.

Are you using a DNS Server? If yes, could you kindly tell me what Operating System your server is running.
[/quote

hi thanks for]
replying. We are running Netware 5.5 on our servers. Hope this helps.

jnash

I do not think Netware 5.5 comes with Direct Remote Access your best bet is to manually go around all the NT workstations logging on as an Administrator when loading I.E. 6.

If you guys are not planning to upgrade your OS soon, then I suggest that you get the Direct Remote Access patch from Netware.

Who knows maybe someday you would need to load a software a 100 times the size of I.E.6

A tip, Windows XP Pro comes with Direct Rmote Access as a standard kit. So does Windows 2000 Advance Server.