Database can't start automatically on solaris

Hi,
I have installed oracle 9i on solaris 10 sucessfully. I have configured listener & tnsname.ora file sucessfuly. Even i can start database manully by starting listener first and from sqlplus promt data base sucessfully. Now i want to start the database automatically after system reboots.

I alrady have set environment in profile, also created the dbora file in /etc/init.d and linked it with rc0.d and rc2.d. Also i have set the oracle sid & home in /etc/var/opt/oracle/oratab file.

After restarting the server i have get log in log file
as
below

SQL> Connected to an idle instance.
SQL> ORA-27100: shared memory realm already exists
SVR4 Error: 17: File exists
SQL> Disconnected

So please guide me how would overcome this problem.

thanks

Sv.

The Shared memory realm error usually means the database is already mounted and/or open.

File already exists? That is really odd, sounds like you're trying to create a database file or control file on startup.

Please let me see what your startup script looks like. I usually make my own, but know my way around the one oracle ships.

I'm not oracle DBA but normally problems starting up database is due to semaphore settings under /etc/system file.

Since you say you are able to manually startup database I assume your settings are correct.

The other area maybe you like to look at will be the /var/opt/oracle/oratab file

<some instance>:/oracle/prod/8.1.7:N <-------------- dbora script will check oratab at boot time. N means no startup