cygwin

I'm trying to run the make command in cygwin.
The directory is d:\resiprocate-1.2.3\resip\dum\test.
But the command outputs:
cant open perl script "c:\Program": No such file or directory
why??...check the attached JPEG file....plz help

Not sure why your shell would do that. I imagine that C: is probably your default drive and it's directing there for some reason.

Try 'make ./<programname>.cxx

Oops. I meant

'make ./<programname>.cxx'

The quote marks are not part of the command:p

i did run that...same problem:(
do i have to reinstall cygwin in C drive??

Assuming you haven't already, I would go to Control Panel > System > Advanced tab and open your environment variables. Highlight PATH in System Variables and click edit. Append the path to your Cygwin installations' bin directory, such as "C:\Program Files\Cygwin\bin" or whatever, to the PATH variable and save that setting.

Then, if you open a regular command window (Start > Run and type in 'cmd') and navigate to your directory, and you should be able to run 'make' through the normal shell window with no problem. That's the way I do it at home, anyway.

Let me know if that helps.:slight_smile:

It tried to run i can say...
but check the JPEG file...
here is the PATH variable:

D:\cygwin\bin;C:\Python25\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symbian\Tools;C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\;C:\Perl\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files\Metrowerks\CodeWarrior for Symbian Personal v2.8.3\Bin;C:\Program Files\Metrowerks\CodeWarrior for Symbian Personal v2.8.3\Symbian_Tools\Command_Line_Tools;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Teleca Shared

why do i get message about c:\symbian\.....
what it has to do with resiprocate which is an open source SIP

From the PATH you posted and the error, it looks like your CodeWarrior install has a make.exe of it's own somewhere, and that's why you have Symbian in your error list. I can't be sure of that, though, because I haven't used CodeWarrior for something like 10 years now.

That's secondary to your initial problem, though. It's finding make in your cygwin install, but for some reason it is failing to start it.

I'll have to think about it.:confused:

Did a quick google search of the error, and possibly running make under sh in the cmd window is not such a good idea for this. Try the command

'make SHELL=cmd.exe <programname>.cxx'

well...no use i think:(
i also have fedora 7 and "make BasicCall.cxx" ran normally...
but the problem is i have wireless net connection and for some reason
i cannot connect properly to Internet from fedora....
i now have downloaded VMware player and downloading fedora 8 VMware image....thats the only way for me i think

:frowning:

Sorry I couldn't be more help. You might take a look at MinGW's make tools for Windows. I've used them, and they work pretty well too.

My guess is that it appears your program is trying to call perl from "C:\Program Files\perl..." but there is a space in the path ... the call needs to be enclosed in quotes.