Cygwin X Server error: xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display

Hi,

i got the following error when i tried to access the cygwin x server from a windows XP PC.

"xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display"

Alternatively, when i tried to access the same Cygwin X Server from another windows XP PC which is on a different LAN (different country actually) it connects and works perfectly. I am not able to debug as to y it doesnt connect from one of my PCs. Please help me in this regard. Thanks in advance.
Harish.

Maybe there is a one way firewall in the middle blocking the xdmcp as client from connecting to the X Server on this PC, or the X Server port is wrong (when up one for a conflict?), or that PC's X Server is not up and running.

HI DGPickett, i tried the firewall thing by adding the ports as exceptions so that the firewall doesnt block them...still couldnt get the X server running...but i cant understand what u mean by "PC's X Server is not up and running"...can u pls explain on this????

Thanks in advance
Harish.

You can test the firewall and PC X assuming :0.0 by going to the UNIX host and trying:

telnet ip_or_name_of_PC 6000

Now, if it cannot connect, you can go to the PC and try the same thing. If it works, it is firewall somewhere, and if not, the PC X service is not working. Also, try an Xterm or other X app on the PC to make sure X does more than connect there.