curses.h not found , gtk/gtk.h not found

i have downloaded <libncurses5-dev_5.7+20101128-1_i386.deb> and <ndk++-0.0.1alpha4.tar.bz2> which contains the header files curses.h and gtk/gtk.h ..

i have also included them using ..

#include "/home/ball/Desktop/Sudoku/project/libncurses5-dev_5.7+20101128-1_i386/usr/include/curses.h"

#include </home/ball/Desktop/Sudoku/project/libncurses5-dev_5.7+20101128-1_i386/usr/include/ncurses_dll.h>

for using curses.h ..

but it is still not working and giving errors on compilation..
>g++ -c tui.cpp
In file included from tui.cpp:2:0:
/home/ball/Desktop/Sudoku/project/libncurses5-dev_5.7+20101128-1_i386/usr/include/curses.h:60:25: fatal error: ncurses_dll.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I have checked curses.h also ..
ball@ubuntu:~/Desktop/Sudoku/project/libncurses5-dev_5.7+20101128-1_i386/usr/include$ g++ -c curses.h
curses.h:60:25: fatal error: ncurses_dll.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
ncurses_dll.h and curses.h are in same folder - /Desktop/Sudoku/project/libncurses5-dev_5.7+20101128-1_i386/usr/include

it is still showing the errors specified above ..

pls help ,, my project totally depends on it .

Thank you.

#include "curses.h"

This is the syntax to use when the include file is not in the /usr/include directory tree.
to compile, use

gcc -I /Desktop/Sudoku/project/libncurses5-dev_5.7+20101128-1_i386/usr/include  \
      myfile.c

And. libncurses won't link either. Is there a reason you decided not to install this software library this where it belongs : /usr/lib and /usr/include (and other places)?

If you actually manage to get this working it will have serious issues being run on any box except the box you are now working on.

There are standard conventions about where support files for unix software is supposed to live. ncurses is a de-facto standard part of UNIX, you may already have it on your box. try

find /usr/include -type f -name '*curses*'

It's also possible you have the curses library but not the curses headers. Binary distributions in particular are cursed with the problem that, to actually compile using any of the libraries you have installed, you must individually hunt down and pin to the wall dozens of indivudal such-and-such-dev or devel packages. Make sure you have both the library and its headers installed.