.csv.gz file extract errors using Winzip

HI All,

Currently, i am working on bash shell.

I have generated the csv file via shell script and because of high size , i have zip the csv file and send it to the outlook in windows.

filename : viswa.csv.gz

i can able to receive the mail successfully , But i am not able to view the data correctly . i am getting the below errros when unzip the files using winzip

Use Path: yes   Overlay Files: yes
Extracting US_trade_data.csv
Irrecoverable Error: Invalid compressed data stream (cannot decompress).

i can see the file content in windows as below and i can see the data correctly in unix server

��S�H�
 �ɡ�[�ʖ�-���&59����:� �JI��+E#��� �}z������O�_���_�>|��鷟���������Ӈ޽�+V>��?�N�����~���pz���
 �w��>|��}�?������O��y��~�?�_~}H��??���>�ÿ����w�����__>�8��p�%��W~����o?�[�ߟ>�������z������{������������f�`�5|��c�$���y'��bgǖ_O����X�M.����އ���ݷw?�)*�ǿ����������3l۸ڄ�����;���NO?���c��-aUL(e�Y�ޓʜo����vf�<���y�ï�I�l"�V�*�>hi6�EzRY��['e61T�-��rqvfSz3�q]�o�����}	I������#����z���Wx�~�@aL-$��'ء�;�К�~��*�T!�H��Cy�|#��~%�Ό[��V�ᧇ؇P֛�����'��Z�@*�#пp*�B_���}�K;����*K��ɣf}%�_�O%KOw�?{��Q�>?~���__���?P*p�#������*�T�Iƥ5v�n��sh�l���g����o����}�������e��?�|��1�*�� -7���ډ�*<<}��=^?�w����`#d�릂��g�[ʞ5���>3k|�Rh�|��J��I��CaSwd.�
 ��Z9��q�y���$����$�K��YW!�RE��ï/��'�M�6�t��
�n�=9Cg€�B@���r���:�|�z���S�g�ϸ��[M�<�j�f۴�*���Z�~Zȥ_������G��?�z��?Z쾫p������v��-�ў�v����x��I?~����ć�CQ�g2�MY�`JT��s��*�$47��j����#��^��O~!D�xOq������Oe�Zm���}����$S�<�O�����������{���ӽv��t��U�a�A�*2��PS���<�;��e����p�J��ۦ���!�u_���\<��=r���`��g4G�U(�B���
 ˌ�0Q�S�܈U�Q�����v

Kindly help me on this. i want to view the content without any issues in Windows machine.

Thanks in advance

As you zipped a single file, it is possible that WinZip is unable to cope with the format. It is highly likely that if your originating system is Linux you have the zip program which is compatible with WinZip. Try:

zip US_trade_data.zip US_trade_data.csv 

Andrew

gz is not zip, just a distant relative of it. If you want a zip file, compress it with zip as apmcd47 suggests.

Or you could use the free 7-zip application on Windows, which should know what to do with gz files.

It's also possible the file got corrupted during transfer. Did you FTP it over? Be sure to set binary mode on your FTP client before downloading.

Thanks Corona688 and apmdc47.

Zip command is not installed in my server. Its there any alternative way.

gzip & gunzip is installed .

Its there any possibilities of using gzip & gunzip command.

Thanks

If you want to make gz files? Sure. I recommend the 7zip program to extract them in Windows.