cron jobs not running from sudo

Hi,
I am logging into sun solaris unix box as asood user.Then sudo su_appssu
and scheduled my cron jobs.The user appssu is there In the /etc/cron.d/cron.allow . I do not understand why the jobs are not kicking by cron. Do I need to enter directly as appssu ?

Regards
Megh

I have done a su and added cron entries that worked. Whats the cron entry that you added? What OS are you using? Did you check the 'x' permission of the script that you cron?

crontab -l
32 23 * * * touch /u/xcs/xcsqc/scripts/testc
41 21 * * * ksh '/u/xcs/xcsqc/scripts/testcron.ksh > /u/xcs/xcsqc/scripts/testc.log'

ls -ltr testcron.ksh
-rwxr-xr-x 1 xcsqc xcs 73 Sep 24 21:38 testcron.ksh

Whats the cron output? Did you try running the cron script from the prompt rather than from cron?

The previous entry looks incorrect. It should be something like:

41 21 * * * ksh -c '/u/xcs/xcsqc/scripts/testcron.ksh > /u/xcs/xcsqc/scripts/testc.log'

or better:

41 21 * * * /u/xcs/xcsqc/scripts/testcron.ksh > /u/xcs/xcsqc/scripts/testc.log

can you just double check if the cron.deny files do not have the userID in there?
IF both files have userID in them, then solaris by default would read the cron.deny, thus rejecting the cron from executing.
secondly, check out this link cron and crontab

incredible, if a cron command can't execute because it's incorrectly written, there is no much point (yet) investigating if the cron.deny/ cron.allow are involved.

At this point, we aren't looking at the codes.. So we don't know whether its a script problem or not.. You cant be sure either

Read again post #5. I'm not telling it's a script problem. I just observe the cron line used is incorrect and can't run whatever script.

noted.Thanks.
megh, le us know if you've successed..

Oops, sorry. I was actually wrong. This syntax is correct. I don't know why I was thinking otherwise.