creating passphrase file

Hi,
I am new to solaris & i am using version 9. Can anyone give me step by step procedure on how to create a passphrase file for a user, so that he can use it for SSH session.

Any help on this is issue is highly appretiated.

Ansari

Am assuming you are talking about ssh-agent? Here's a link.

Hi,
My requirement is like this, i would like to give access to my solaris box from a remote location using SSH login. I had created the username under the solaris server. But for security reason i need to create a passphrase file & send it to the remote user, so that when he tries to login he will use this file.
So i would like to ask you the link which you sent me is for sorting out this issue.

Awaiting for your kind reply.

Regards
Ansari

Hi,
This server is already been configured to ask for a passphrase file when ever a user login thru SSH. Please give me the steps how shall i remove this configuration, so that when a user tries to login thru SSH, it should directly prompt him for the root username & password. I dont want to have any security on this server.

Please advice me how shall i remove this config.

Regards
Ansari

Hi,
My Solaris server is already been configured to ask for a passphrase file when ever a user login thru SSH. Please give me the steps how shall i remove this configuration, so that when a user tries to login thru SSH, it should directly prompt him for the root username & password. I dont want to have any security on this server.

Please advice me how shall i remove this config.

Regards
Ansari

Just to clarify, you *do* want password protection, but don't want the SSH client provided user name to be used?

Hi Porter,
Thanks for your reply.
what i need is when a user types the IP address of my server using SSH as his client, it should not ask or see for any passphrase file, instead it should directly ask him the root username & password.

How can i configure this ???
Please help