Creating A Solaris Zone - Unable to install - Are network settings required?

Hi

i have created a solaris zone but have not yet connected any network cables for this new zone,

can i set the zone up without running the command 'add net' and not adding an ip or physical interface?

i tried to add dummy internet settings and get this
zonecfg:coddr> add net
zonecfg:coddr:net> set address=10.25.254.127
zonecfg:coddr:net> set physical=nxge4
zonecfg:coddr:net> end
zonecfg:coddr> verify
net: address cannot be specified for an exclusive IP type
coddr: Invalid argument
zonecfg:coddr> end
The end command only makes sense in the resource scope.
zonecfg:coddr> verify
zonecfg:coddr> commit
Zone coddr failed to verify
zonecfg:coddr> exit

if i try to install my zone as its currently running at a configured state i get this error

# zoneadm -z coddr install
Preparing to install zone <coddr>.
Checking <ufs> file system on device </dev/rdsk/c2t0d0s7> to be mounted at </export/home/coddr/root>
ERROR: file system check </usr/lib/fs/ufs/fsck> of </dev/rdsk/c2t0d0s7> failed: exit status <33>: run fsck manually
ERROR: file system <ufs> on device </dev/rdsk/c2t0d0s7> is inconsistent and cannot be mounted
ERROR: cannot setup zone <coddr> inherited and configured file systems
ERROR: cannot setup zone <coddr> file systems inherited and configured from the global zone
ERROR: cannot create zone boot environment <coddr

i then have to uninstall the zone so it goes back to configured state

do i need network settings, is this why my zone wont install?

also i want to start setting up my disks, not really sure how to do this so ive just done the following

global# zonecfg -z my-zone
zonecfg:my-zone> add fs
zonecfg:my-zone:fs> set dir=/oracledb1
zonecfg:my-zone:fs> set special=/dev/dsk/c2t0d0s7
zonecfg:my-zone:fs> set raw=/dev/rdsk/c2t0d0s7
zonecfg:my-zone:fs> set type=ufs
zonecfg:my-zone:fs> end (verify and commit then exit)

this seemed to go through ok, do i need to do anything else to setup disks? anything on the etc/vfstab file?

please advise thank you

you have to post the whole configuration... there are problems with you filesystems.

hi how do i do this?

please can you tell me the command?

thank you

just tell us what you want to do and post the zone config... have a look at the "zonecfg" command for more informations.
also please use code tags for commandline outputs!

You don't need to dedicate a physical interface to a zone. It can share one available on the global zone.

Absolutely. A zone doesn't requires a network interface beyond localhost.

The issue is you have created an exclusive IP zone but want to set its IP address from the global zone. This is incorrect. Exclusive IP zones interfaces are set inside the zone.

There is something really wrong with your settings/filesystems here. You should also consider ZFS instead of UFS to store your zone filesystems.

What is you goal here ? is /dev/dsk/c2t0d0s7 already mounted on the global zone ?
It is usually simpler to use lofs mounts for zones.