Creating a captcha with amazon node .htaccess"

hello i have a project that i have to create a captcha
can someone please help me do this in my mac terminal im a beginner tell me the steps to do this?

in public_html, create a file named ".htaccess" with the following content:

AuthType Basic
AuthName "CIS440"
AuthBasicProvider file
AuthUserFile <path name to your password file. see below>
Require valid-user

in order to create your own password file to be used for "AuthUserFile", do this

htpasswd -c <path name to the password file> <your user id> <your web password>

the password file should be somewhere not under the public_html directory (you would not want someone to be able to download your password file)

A captcha is different than the use of authentication through a .htaccess file. A captcha is something you embed on a form/web page in an effort to insure the form/webpage is being utilized by a real person and not a script/automated mechanism.

You would have to create a .htaccess file on your server.

This topic is covered extensively on the internet...

https://my.justhost.com/cgi/help/htaccess

how can i get my amazon node login? i was just provided with the user id by my teacher

Do not post classroom or homework problems in the main forums. Homework and coursework questions can only be posted in this forum under special homework rules.

Please review the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

More-than-likely, posting homework in the main forums has resulting in a forum infraction. If you did not post homework, please explain the company you work for and the nature of the problem you are working on.

If you did post homework in the main forums, please review the guidelines for posting homework and repost.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.