'createrepo' not found on SLES 10.3

Hello All,

I'm trying to configure a SLES 10.3 machine as our Zypper server. I created the zypper directories with all the RPMs, made the directory structure accessible over HTTP but I'm stuck at the final stage: createrepo.

Looks like 'createrepo' is not present on this version :confused:

Could someone please throw some light here? Double-TABing show below commands/executables are present but I don't think any of them are of use to me :frowning:

itc-zypper:~ # create
create-branching-keyboard  create_directory.yast      create_package_descr       create_sha1sum             create_update_source.sh
create-cracklib-dict       create_md5sums             create_repo_for_patch.sh   create_sha1sums            createpatch

zypper install createrepo

Did you try that? It's supposed to be there for 10 SP3

No.. it isn't there :frowning:
Also, the machine is SLES 11.3 (not 10.3 as wrongly mentioned by me). This is the last
step and I'm blocked here. I had configured this machine's HTTP so that I can use this as a Repo server for other SLES clients.

itc-zypper:~ # zypper addrepo /media/SLES-11-SP3-DVD-i58607031/suse/i586/ local1
Adding repository 'local1' [done]
Repository 'local1' successfully added
Enabled: Yes
Autorefresh: No
GPG check: Yes
URI: dir:///media/SLES-11-SP3-DVD-i58607031/suse/i586

itc-zypper:~ # zypper lr
# | Alias  | Name   | Enabled | Refresh
--+--------+--------+---------+--------
1 | local1 | local1 | Yes     | No
itc-zypper:~ # zypper lr -u
# | Alias  | Name   | Enabled | Refresh | URI
--+--------+--------+---------+---------+-------------------------------------------------
1 | local1 | local1 | Yes     | No      | dir:///media/SLES-11-SP3-DVD-i58607031/suse/i586
itc-zypper:~ # zypper install createrepo
Building repository 'local1' cache [done]
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
'createrepo' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
No provider of 'createrepo' found.
Resolving package dependencies...

itc-zypper:~ # which createrepo
which: no createrepo in (/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/sbin:/root/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/games:/usr/lib/mit/bin:/usr/lib/mit/sbin)

createrepo is a noarch package on DVD1 of the SDK, You need to add the SDK to your repos to be searched.