create user with RWX access to a specific directory in Solaris 10

I need to create a user account for a developer that will allow him rwx access to all resources in a directory. How can I do that?

Thanks

Hi.

Either add the user to a group that already has RWX, otherwise you have to chmod the files (and the directory if the user can create and delete files) to give the user the desired access.

Remberer: users don't have RWX permissions, files and directories do.

Thanks

I am a Windows admin and UNIX thinking is difficult for me. No group other than root has access so I will need to create the user and chmod the files and directories. He will need to be able to create and delete files and directories within the directory I give him access to. In Windows I would give him (or his group) modify access.

Create a group, change the group of the files/dirs to that new group, add him to that group.

To give this user access, either you chmod the files and directories as "g+rwx" and add the user to the same group as root (totally, really, really not recommended!).

Or you do as Corona says, which is OK.

You need to clarify what you mean by resources and what are the current directory permissions.

I would suggest to set ACLs on these files to achieve what you look for.