Create invoice pdf file

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a script to merge a csv or txt file with a pdf template. So i have a pdf template with company logo and i want to merge it with a csv or txt file so i can create a complete invoice in pdf.

now i do find some command line tools to do this but i need a pro version that costs 11.000,- I find it hard to believe that there are no open source tools that i can use. Does anybody know open source tools i can use?

Tnx

Dicenl,

Are you getting this invoice information from a web purchase or from stored files from last months accounting? I get the general gist of you question and this script is an interesting project, but think it needs more details

Well, we have a custom build ordersystem, build by one of my colleguas. the system creates orders, invoices, work orders and letters of content. This systems creates csv or txt files when printing one of these forms. these text files are formated to print on company paper. Now to backup these forms and to cut back on paper use we would like these forms to be in pdf format so that if we need to print them we can but also have them stored on the network.

Now the idea we have is to have some kind of 'watch' directory where the exported csv/txt files are stored/printed to. Then a script can pick it up, merge the text file with a logo form (already in pdf) and move it to a directory on the network.

the server the program runs on is suse linux enterprise 11

at this point we have script that does a text to postscript conversion. then a postscript to pdf and after that a merge of the company form pdf and the ordersystem output pdf. by the way, the order system only outputs txt files.

i do think there should be a more direct way to accomplish the above. any suggestions would be welcome.