Core File issue!Need help in DBX cmd's!

Hi ,

We have a Application running on AIX5.3 .It built by collection of c and pc programs. Now , i got a file "core" generated by "ProcessIse" executable. Really i do not have idea about core file analysis.
can any one please help me?How do i fix this issue ?
we have installed dbx
can dbx command fix this issue ?
:frowning:

dbx is a symbolic debugger. It can help you analyze the core file, find out what caused the dump and specify advice to the software developers as to what they have to change in their code. So, in a sense, dbx can help you.

Unfortunately to analyze the core you will need a deep understanding of the inner workings of AIX and software development in general. If i got you correctly (if not - sorry, no offense intended) you lack these credentials so chances are you will not be able to analyze the core file correctly, not even with help from us. Telling you what you might need to know is practically teaching you a trade you have no knowledge about and this would be too complex to do over the internet.

I suggest you hire a professional to do it for you. His background should include software development with AIX. AND: AIX is somewhat different - "i have once programmed something" is NOT going to be sufficient.

I hope this helps.

bakunin