Copy files from SVN Server

Hi,

We have a SVN server on which the developers upload their source code which is in the form of a .ear file or a folder.

We login to the SVN server using our credentials and then go to the directory in which the application is placed and then click on the download link to download the application to our local windows machine.

We then upload this application from our windows Desktop to the unix server on which it needs to be deployed.

Can you let me know if there is a way to directly copy the application from the SVN server onto the unix server and command / scripts to automate this task as much as one could?

use "wget" command
wget [options] <svnlink>

Does HP-UX have wget ?

wget
bash: wget: command not found
  1. try "curl"

2. if you have SVN on unix box try svn export <svn_url>

I do not have curl either. Can you please refer me to some shell script to do this job for me ?

Also, can you help me steps to install wget on my local home directory and then how do I use it.

Note: I do not have administrator rights.

in Redhat wget is inbuilt.. i am not sure about hp-ux.. try to install it

i can not think of any other option ( maybe perl script but you might have to download and install module(s) - not sure about this one )

for wget on hp-ux : HP Communities - Availability of wget in hpux - Enterprise Business Community

i am pretty sure that you wont be allowed to install but still just for your reference ...