Convet Linux OS from text mode to graphic mode

Hi All,

I used to have my suse linux(VM) server in graphic mode but not anymore since morning. I cant rolback since i loose somuch work. Any idea how to it back to normal. Thanks

Any more details? Did you run an update or change anything for the XServer? Any changes to the VM or the virtualization software?

im just trying to install apache. thats alll i was doing. no changes to vmware where as other vm servers working fine. Thanks

How did you install Apache? Through SuSEs software management (YaST/zypper/...) or otherwise? From the official source? 'Cause there's a chance that the installation might have pulled down updates which changed the XServer configuration or software that X relies on.
As a side note: why does a server need a graphical environment anyways?

Could it just be on a text terminal? try ctrl-alt-f7 to switch to the graphic terminal.

I was trying to install through Suse software management. I also tried ctrl-alt-f7 but it didnt work. Thanks

ctrl-alt-f1 to get back to a terminal(f2-f5 are other terms), then /etc/init.d/xdm start as root in case it's just not in the boot runlevel for some reason. Failing that, startx as root may get back to a more minimal x environment. Failing that, pastebin the contents of /var/log/xorg.0.log for analysis please.