Converting Impress output to DVD video

I have a need to convert 'Impress' presentations to DVD video format whilst retaining the original presentation in situ.

Copying the individual slides and modifying size etc. in Gimp and then importing them into 'Openshot' is both long winded and the loss of quality is significant.
Can anybody suggest a time efficient way of doing this please.
Other applications currently in use are 'Devede' for conversion and 'Brasero' for burning.:slight_smile:

Haven't tried it myself, but take a look at this link.
Once the video file has been created, I use DVDStyler to create a DVD-player compatible disk and burn it on the fly.
Hope it helps.

Thanks for you reply. I have exported Impress as suggested in that link and now I have to convert to video and burn.
Fingers are crossed!!:slight_smile:

You're welcome. If your question has been answered to your satisfaction, please mark this thread as SOLVED for the future reference of other users.

I regret that both DVDStyler and Devede will only accept movie file formats ideally for 'mpeg*' . So now the hunt is on for an intermediary package to convert one of the 'Impress' export file formats (and there are many) to e.g. mpeg.
At present, I am having to search for a Firefox addon to read Macromedia flash without much luck so far.

'Online Media Converter - Convert Files Documents Video Audio Photos' claims to be a suitable package for the converter once the above addon has been found.

Watch this space - if you want to!!:rolleyes:

I know for a fact that DVDStyler accepts .flv files, because I created a DVD with videos downloaded from YouTube and burned it with the same software.

That was very useful! It is kick-started me. Firstly, I was ignorant about flv, so that was very useful.

Your post has led me, by various routes, to discover that wmv is not only an export option for Impress,but also can be imported into more recent Windows PowerPoint and is also acceptable to DVDstyler, but not to Devede.

I hope that when I try this, it will all work!

Very many thanks. I will let you know in asap.:slight_smile:

but no success yet in finding a file export format from Impress to input into dvdstyler, or any other video maker. It does not accept *.swf i.e (Macromedia).:confused:

You may want to take a look at this thread. Among other things, it discusses how to convert .swf files to flv format.
Another page with step-by-step instruction is here.
Hope you can make it work!

Thanks for the trouble that you are taking.
This really is going to be fun. <Head scratching>

No problem at all. I'm glad to help if I can.
Don't forget to tell us if that worked.

Progress Report - A solution.
I have found that by using 'Save as' and 'Export' in 'Impress' it is possible to create output files in '.png' for rapid creation of slide shows in 'Openshot' quickly resulting in video DVD's and also 'PDF' and 'pps' for use in cross platform applications.
So thank you all and especially gacanepa for your help and patience.

:):):):):):):):):slight_smile:

You're welcome! I am glad that I was able to help :).
Don't forget to mark this thread as solved (Go to the Thread tools menu, then click on "Mark thread as solved"). You will notice that the word "[SOLVED]" will be added to the thread title.
Have fun!

I can find no link in the thread tools menu to "Mark thread as solved", nor anywhere else??:o

Simple, ask a mod to do it. :slight_smile: