Controlling I/O

Hi guys,

Can anyone please tell me how I can control the I/O on my hardware devices in Suse Linux 8.1.

I find that everytime I am reading a CD, or copying from a CD, I am unable to listen to music of watch a movie.
Maybe this is intended to be like so, for the current high street technolgy does not yet allow real time file transfer and videao streaming.

I would be very gratfeull for any pointers here, and welcome any comments if my message was not clear enough

Bionic fysh

I was hoping that a PC guru would drop by and tackle your question. I guess that you're stuck with me and I am not a PC hardware guy. But here goes...

My guess is that the problem is mostly your chipset. PC manufacturers compete on price and they skimp on hardware to keep the price down.

A problem with PC's is that a device can tend to hog a buss. And because pc peripherals are designed to be cheap, they can't tolerate this.

So you need a real computer if you want it to be able to walk and chew gum at the same time.

See www.pcguide.com for a better explanation. Or maybe this pathetic answer will motivate someone else to try.:smiley: