Constant Logging In (After Logging Out)

Hi Everyone. First, I want to thank all of you for letting me participate in this great group.

I am having a bit of a problem.
After I get an email from a responder, I login to make my reply.
In the mean time I get another response by email from another member, I go to reply to them and I have to login again. Is this how the site works? Am I missing something?
Thank you,
Ccccc

The site works, as most sites do, with cookies.

If you don't have cookies enabled, you will have to login multiple times.

Most people who use the forum have cookies enabled, so we have never had anyone ask a question like this is over 15 years, FYI.

I do have cookies enabled. But I just noticed that when I log out, a window pops up saying:

vBulletin Message[LEFT]All cookies cleared!

I think that is my problem. Is there an option to turn "all cookies cleard!" when logging off.
Thank you[/LEFT]

Don't know if you are using Internet Explorer, Firefox, or ??
But, from what you wrote, sounds like you have your program set to clear files upon exit. For instance, in IE 8, Tools - Interent Options - Advanced and then under the Security section is a choice to clear temproary files.

Well, of course you must log back in after you log off. If you don't want to log back in, don't log off.

In other words, if you do not want to log in, then do not log off. If you log off, you will need to log back in.

It is really very simple.

And of course I knew that also Neo.
Thanks for your help.

FWIW: My mobile phone stays logged in "forever" until I log out. The same is true on my iMac and my XP laptop.

FYI: We have over 84K registered users and between 3 to 4K active users per month and we have never had anyone ask such a question such as yours. I have never had a login problem here.

I am closing this issue. Glad all is working now!