console vs terminal ???

Hello sir,
I was using the FEDORA 10.I saw both Console and terminal here.Can u please brief me about the differences between these two.....:confused:

PLease see here if your question is not already answered:

Terminal is any dumb terminal, terminal emulator, or any other hardware/software that provides an Xwindows or command line login session. In the context you are asking a terminal emulator is any program that provides a command line/text based operating environment. A console means that the program is attached to the device /dev/console and you will receive any message sent to that device. If you want an example do the following:

Open a terminal window

Open a console window

In the terminal window type # echo "Hello there" > /dev/console

The main distinction between "console" and "terminal" in Linux or most other Unix-like systems is that a "console" uses the whole screen to enter line-oriented commands in text mode, whereas a "terminal" emulates a console within a window (under the X-window environment in most cases). If you're familiar with the old-fashioned Dos OS, it's like the difference between the Dos command line and a "Dos box" under windows.

Here is an explanation of how to use console screens, from about.com:

Ubuntu Desktop Guide - Switch to Console mode

"The usual method of command-line access in Ubuntu is to start a terminal (see the section called "Starting the Terminal" above) , however sometimes it is useful to switch to the real console:

Use the Ctrl-Alt-F1 shortcut keys to switch to the first console.

To switch back to Desktop mode, use the Ctrl-Alt-F7 shortcut keys.

Note: There are six consoles available. Each one is accessible with the shortcut keys Ctrl-Alt-F1 to Ctrl-Alt-F6."