connection reset by peer

:confused: HI,

We have 2 servers ( win 2003 + sun 5.8 ) and we run a rsh from the NT to the UNIX.

The program runs a shell script on the UNIX and waits for the answer in the EOF.

How ever, after period of appx 2 min there is a reply "Recv failed:Connection reset by peer".

while the shell script is still running on the UNIX but the Connection to the NT is Closed !!

Please Help, What can I do ?
We tried to change in the file /etc/inetd.conf the rsh from NOWAIT to WAIT but no luck.

Thanks in Advance

Put it back to NOWAIT.

Run it again and while it's ok, run "netstat -an" and find the socket for the connection. rshd reads the input for the command until it get EOF. Then it runs the command. So the socket will probably be half-closed and in CLOSE-WAIT. Now let the NT box get that message. Look again in "netstat -an". Did the socket change? If not, the problem is not on the unix system.

A possible cause of "connection reset by peer" is that the NT box is seeing a second box somewhere with the same IP address as the Unix system.

Well...I put the NOWAIT back and I ran it again.

The Result was that befor the run it was
10.1.26.6.567 10.1.26.131.1022 17520 0 24820 0 TIME_WAIT

while running the result was:
10.1.26.6.568 10.1.26.131.1021 17520 0 24820 0 CLOSE_WAIT

and After was back to TIME_WAIT.

so my gues is that it comes from the unix system.

is there any solution for this problem?

You're showing two different sockets and neither looks like an rsh socket. :confused:

well, you are right :slight_smile:
when we run the rsh with our program its open a several sockets...
but all of then are like the example that I send, I made a mistake with the paste socket but still is the same results.

Is there another idea that you can think about ?

Hi,

We are having the smae problem and it is definitely windows...
Did you find a solution for this ?
Would appreciate your help.

Thanks
Adi