Compile errors because of the ras.h file

I recently compile some code in 32 bit mode on a AIX 5.3 server that has its kernal set to 64 bit mode. The compile was successful and the code works great. That being the case I use the model of the successful makefile on some other code but ended up getting errors that looked like this......

$ make -f makefile1 all
xlc -P -I./h -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/sys -I.
-I/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/precomp
/public -I/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/rdbms/public
-I/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/rdbms/demo
-I/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/plsql/public
-I/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/network/ -g -D_ORACLE_
src/run_rci.pc
/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/bin/proc SQLCHECK=FULL DBMS=V8 CODE=ANSI_C USERID=user/pass UNSAFE_NULL=YES iname=./run_rci.i

Pro*C/C++: Release 10.2.0.3.0 - Production on Thu Apr 10 16:26:40 2008

Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

System default option values taken from: /u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/precomp/admin/pcscfg.cfg

Syntax error at line 4931, column 329, file ./run_rci.i:
Error at line 4931, column 329 in file ./run_rci.i
struct CoMpIlE_aSsErT__baddomain { char v[(( (( (ras_cmd_t)0x52 << ( (sizeof(ras_cmd_t)-1) * 8 ) ) | ((ras_cmd_t)(0x1) << 8) | ((ras_cmd_t)(0x100)) ) | ( ( ((((ras_cmd_t)(0x1)) << 8) & ( ( (ras_cmd_t)0xFF ) << ( (sizeof(ras_cmd_t)-1) * 8 ))) || (((ras_cmd_t)(0x1)) == 0) || (((ras_cmd_t)(0x100)) & ~( (ras_cmd_t)0xFF )) ) ? -1LL : 0) ) == -1LL) ? 1 : -1]; };
................................................................................
................................................................................
PCC-S-02201, Encountered the symbol "L" when expecting one of the following:

, = : ( [ * ? | & < > + - / % . ^ *= /= %= += -= <<= >>= &&=
||= ^= | & == != <= >= << >> ++ -- ->
The symbol "," was substituted for "L" to continue.

I traced some of the verbage (baddomain) back to this file /usr/include/sys/ras.h

What is this file and what is its purpose. It does not exits on my AIX 5.1 machine.

My compiler is C for AIX version 6. Is it possible that I need to upgrade my compiler to a higher version to solve this issue? Maybe this lower version is not fimiliar with this file.

Thanks for any and all help.

I suspect it is complaining about the longlong type (LL) which is only supported by 64-bit programming models.

I also tried to compile it in 64 bit mode and got the exact same errors as in 32 bit mode.