Cleaning Message Queues

i have an application installed on AIX 5.3 and i have made a script that shutdown a proccesses that exceeded 10000kb of memory usage but i have a problem with cleaning the message queues of these proccesses after shutting them down. Is there any way to clean the message queues for this particular proccesses ??

How are you killing this process? It's possible that if you let it shutdown cleanly it may delete them itself.

buy kill command

well it doesn't and the message queues still exist even after shutting the processes down

:wall: And how are you using the kill command?

There's different signals it can send, some more severe than others. You might be sending the wrong signal and forcing it to quit before it can clean up after itself.

Are you clearing the message queues using ipcrm at all...

TERM (signal 15)

Try QUIT

no only terminate the processes

---------- Post updated at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:26 AM ----------

i think i am going to use it, but do you have any idea how to use that to clean the message queues for a particular processes ?
generally speaking, not in my case only

---------- Post updated at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:31 AM ----------

going to try that too, thanks

Only if you know the uid of the process you want to kill...as it is easy to identify the message queues associated with a userid and command is...

ipcrm -q MSGQID